...application of labels
...removal of labels
The Steier Adhesive Tape Program contains products designed for short-term, long-term and permanent bonding.The Surface:
- Do not cover any substrates that contain silicones, paraffins or waxes.
- Surface must be dust-free + plasticizer-free.
- Ensure dry surfaces.
- Best covering on smooth, closed surfaces.
- Rough and uneven substrates are best adhered to be thick adhesive layers.
- Exclude chemical reactions of the surfaces (e.g. copper and manganese compounds react with rubber adhesives).
- Bonding temperature is optimal between +20°C and +30°C in dry rooms. Avoid working temperatures below +10°C.
- Storage of the adhesive tape at room temperature.
- Ensure uniform contact pressure.
- Processing tools (including hands!) must be free of release agents.
- In the case of extreme loads of adhesive sites, the final adhesive strength is reached after approx. 48-72 hours.
- Permanente Spannungseinwirkung auf die Verklebung vermeiden.
The Testing of Material:
- Please try out any new application of an adhesive unto a surface to ensure that the particular combination is fit for purpose.
If products, for short-term outdoor use, remain exposure to weather and UV for more than three days, they can often not be removed without tools.
We then recommend the following procedure:
Removal by Hand:
Slow and steady pull at about 90° withdrawal angle, preheating the area with a hairdryer or hot air gun can help.
Residual Rubber Adhesives:
The carrier can be pulled off, the adhesive is still soft: Cleaning with cleaning benzine.
The carrier is brittle, breaks, the adhesive is slightly hardened: heat with a hair dryer and carefully peel off; Removing or soaking adhesive residues with cleaning gasoline for at least one minute, then slipping with a plastic spatula. The adhesive mass is strongly hardened: soak with a universal thinning for at least one minute, then peel off with a plastic spatula.
Residual Acrylic Adhesives:
The carrier is brittle, tears in, the adhesive is slightly hardened: heat with a hair dryer and carefully peel off. The adhesive compound is cured: Test successively the following solvents or mixtures: cleaning benzine / mixture of 50% ethyl acetate and 50% xylene / mixture of 40% alcohol, 40% cleaning benzine and 20% acetone.
The recommended solvents or mixtures can only swell the adhesive, but do not dissolve. We therefore recommend thorough soaking and then pushing the adhesive with a plastic spatula. Adhesive residues can then be rubbed off with a solvent-impregnated cloth. In order to avoid damage to the substrate, it is advisable to carry out preliminary tests at a concealed location.